Why Is Cleveland, Ohio An Amazing City For Millenials?
Ohio was listed as one of the most popular states Americans are moving to in 2016. The cities in the great Midwestern state are beginning to catch the eye millennials that are looking for a place to settle with better housing prices and an exciting economy. One of those cities is Cleveland: a city on the rise. Here are some cool and interesting facts you should know before you decide to make your move to Cleveland, Ohio.
1. No one bats an eye at a little snow. Depending on where you are moving from you might already be used to having a white winter, but if your not then realize that natives in this town and handle the cold with stride.
2. The average commute in this city is 23 minutes or less. For some people used to driving through hoards of traffic every morning and evening this number is probably sounding really good right about now.
3. It’s more diverse than people think. There are 117 different nationalities that call this city home. Visit Slavic Village or Little Italy to get a taste of some good old world cooking.
4. The job market is on the rise. Downtown Cleveland has really been transforming itself over the past few years and there is a booming job market for people in the Biotechnology, Advanced Manufacturing and IT fields.
5. Who can forget the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame. This is a legendary place and people travel from all over the world to see it. Although once you are a local you might be sick of having to take all your out-of-town guests here but let’s face it, it’s still pretty awesome!
6. Being at the edge of Lake Erie, some would consider it the Midwest’s version of a coastal city. While it might not be the Pacific Ocean, there is sand and when there is sun the lake is alive with all sorts of beach time activities.
7. Say what you might about Cleveland’s sports teams but what other city has three major teams in baseball, basketball and football with all their stadiums within walking distance of each other? If you like sports this might be the perfect trifecta.
8. Local foods and local brews. Downtown Cleveland is becoming all about restaurants with locally sourced food and craft breweries galore.